The most common consultation at my practice is IBS or bloating issues, commonly reported by my lovely female patients. The nutritional assessment and dietary questionnaire show signs and symptoms that are treated with a low FODMAP diet.
Low FODMAP stands for low fermentable oligosaccharides, disaccharides, monosaccharides, and polyols. Also, this diet is an elimination type diet, and its main objective is to reduce the dietary intake of fermentable foods, resulting in less bloating.
Common avoided foods:
Diary and derivates.
Some fruits: those that contain pits or seeds.
Maple syrup, agave syrup.
Legumes: beans and lentils.
Some of my favorite flavorful recommendations are made by these companies: Rachel Paul's FODY
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp garlic or shallot-infused oil
- 1 pc green bell pepper
- 1 pc orange/yellow/red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp low FODMAP taco seasoning (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 lb. sliced chicken breast
- Homemade taco seasoning:
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbs ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Preheat your oven at 425 F.
- Add the lime juice, infused oil, and taco mix to a large bowl.
- Introduce bell peppers and chicken to the taco seasoning mixture, and coat them evenly.
- In a coated baking pan, previously sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, evenly spread your chicken and bell peppers.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then stir the chicken and bake for additional 8 minutes.
- You can go gluten-free by using corn tortillas to make tacos. As a nutritionist, I usually use 2 portions of cereals or derivates, which are two tortillas.
- Another good gluten-free option is rice! Cook your favorite brown rice and measure 1/2 cup to incorporate 2 portions of cereals.
Low FODMAPs Tex-Mex Chicken Fajitas
Serves: 4 portions
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18.1 g||27.7%|
|Saturated Fat 3.62 g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.15 g|
|Cholesterol 72.57 mg||24%|
|Sodium 462.61 mg||19.3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.32 g||2.7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.55 g||8%|
|Sugars 2.98 g|
|Protein 24.94 g|
|Vitamin A 12.83 %||Vitamin C 78.54 %|
|Calcium 3.66 %||Iron 14.92 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
El Paso, TX Health Coach Clinic
Professional Scope of Practice *
The information herein on "Low FODMAPs Tex-Mex Chicken Fajitas" is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional, or licensed physician, and is not medical advice. We encourage you to make your own healthcare decisions based on your research and partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.
Blog Information & Scope Discussions
Our information scope is limited to Chiropractic, musculoskeletal, physical medicines, wellness, contributing etiological viscerosomatic disturbances within clinical presentations, associated somatovisceral reflex clinical dynamics, subluxation complexes, sensitive health issues, and/or functional medicine articles, topics, and discussions.
We provide and present clinical collaboration with specialists from a wide array of disciplines. Each specialist is governed by their professional scope of practice and their jurisdiction of licensure. We use functional health & wellness protocols to treat and support care for the injuries or disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
Our videos, posts, topics, subjects, and insights cover clinical matters, issues, and topics that relate to and support, directly or indirectly, our clinical scope of practice.*
Our office has made a reasonable attempt to provide supportive citations and has identified the relevant research study or studies supporting our posts. We provide copies of supporting research studies available to regulatory boards and the public upon request.
We understand that we cover matters that require an additional explanation of how it may assist in a particular care plan or treatment protocol; therefore, to further discuss the subject matter above, please feel free to ask Dr. Alex Jimenez DC or contact us at 915-850-0900.
We are here to help you and your family.
Dr. Alex Jimenez DC, MSACP, CCST, IFMCP*, CIFM*, ATN*
Licensed in: Texas & New Mexico*
Dr. Alex Jimenez DC, MSACP, CIFM*, IFMCP*, ATN*, CCST
My Digital Business Card