- Â¾ cup Teff
- â…“ cup plus 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice (3 Tablespoons) and zest of one lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Â½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus more to taste
- Â¼ teaspoon sea salt plus more to taste
- 1 cucumber, cut into Â¼-inch pieces
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes, quartered (1 c chopped)
- Â¾ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Â¾ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 4 green onions, minced
- 12 olives
- In a pot, bring 2 Â¼ cups of water to a boil, add the teff, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the water is absorbed. Stir occasionally.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- When the teff is ready, mix in Â¾ of the dressing and set aside the rest. Spread the teff in an even layer on a baking sheet to help it to cool.
- Once the teff is cool, use your hands to break it up into small pieces then mix in the rest of the ingredients except for the olives.
- Divide the teff mixture evenly among serving plates or bowls, drizzle with the remaining dressing and garnish with olives.
Serves: 4 persons
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 27.28 g||41.5%|
|Saturated Fat 3.84 g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0 g|
|Cholesterol 0.0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 213.88 mg||8.9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 41.19 g||13.7%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.87 g||28%|
|Sugars 5.77 g|
|Protein 7.93 g|
|Vitamin A 14.72 %||Vitamin C 64.18 %|
|Calcium 17.03 %||Iron 38.49 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
El Paso, TX Health Coach Clinic
Professional Scope of Practice *
The information herein on "Teff Tabbouhle" is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional, or licensed physician, and is not medical advice. We encourage you to make your own healthcare decisions based on your research and partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.
Blog Information & Scope Discussions
Our information scope is limited to Chiropractic, musculoskeletal, physical medicines, wellness, contributing etiological viscerosomatic disturbances within clinical presentations, associated somatovisceral reflex clinical dynamics, subluxation complexes, sensitive health issues, and/or functional medicine articles, topics, and discussions.
We provide and present clinical collaboration with specialists from a wide array of disciplines. Each specialist is governed by their professional scope of practice and their jurisdiction of licensure. We use functional health & wellness protocols to treat and support care for the injuries or disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
Our videos, posts, topics, subjects, and insights cover clinical matters, issues, and topics that relate to and support, directly or indirectly, our clinical scope of practice.*
Our office has made a reasonable attempt to provide supportive citations and has identified the relevant research study or studies supporting our posts. We provide copies of supporting research studies available to regulatory boards and the public upon request.
We understand that we cover matters that require an additional explanation of how it may assist in a particular care plan or treatment protocol; therefore, to further discuss the subject matter above, please feel free to ask Dr. Alex Jimenez DC or contact us at 915-850-0900.
We are here to help you and your family.
Dr. Alex Jimenez DC, MSACP, CCST, IFMCP*, CIFM*, ATN*
Licensed in: Texas & New Mexico*
Dr. Alex Jimenez DC, MSACP, CIFM*, IFMCP*, ATN*, CCST
My Digital Business Card