- 1 cup brown lentils, dried
- Three handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup Cilantro
- One head Garlic
- 2 tbsp Ginger
- One 28-ounce crushed tomato can (or tomato paste)
- One 15-ounce can of Coconut milk.
- 1 tsp Cayenne, powder
- 2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Add the coconut oil, cumin, and coriander seeds to a hot large pot and let them toast for 45 seconds.
- Add the garlic, crushed (or canned tomato paste), ginger, turmeric, and sea salt to the pot. Stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, vegetable broth, and cayenne powder.
- Let the mixture boil, and then cover the pot. Let the soup simmer for 35-40min at low heat.
- Stir occasionally.
- Once the lentils are soft, add the coconut milk and cherry tomatoes.
- Let the soup simmer.
- Serve with cilantro on top.
Coconut Curry Lentil Soup
Serves: 6 servings
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18.58 g||27.7%|
|Saturated Fat 15.61 g||75%|
|Trans Fat 0.0 g|
|Cholesterol 0.0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 1078.22 mg||44.9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 52.31 g||17.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.75 g||36%|
|Sugars 17.33 g|
|Protein 15.97 g|
|Vitamin A 13.88 %||Vitamin C 40.66 %|
|Calcium 9.74 %||Iron 52.81 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
El Paso, TX Health Coach Clinic
Professional Scope of Practice *
The information herein on "Coconut Curry Lentil Soup" is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional, or licensed physician, and is not medical advice. We encourage you to make your own healthcare decisions based on your research and partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.
Blog Information & Scope Discussions
Our information scope is limited to Chiropractic, musculoskeletal, physical medicines, wellness, contributing etiological viscerosomatic disturbances within clinical presentations, associated somatovisceral reflex clinical dynamics, subluxation complexes, sensitive health issues, and/or functional medicine articles, topics, and discussions.
We provide and present clinical collaboration with specialists from a wide array of disciplines. Each specialist is governed by their professional scope of practice and their jurisdiction of licensure. We use functional health & wellness protocols to treat and support care for the injuries or disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
Our videos, posts, topics, subjects, and insights cover clinical matters, issues, and topics that relate to and support, directly or indirectly, our clinical scope of practice.*
Our office has made a reasonable attempt to provide supportive citations and has identified the relevant research study or studies supporting our posts. We provide copies of supporting research studies available to regulatory boards and the public upon request.
We understand that we cover matters that require an additional explanation of how it may assist in a particular care plan or treatment protocol; therefore, to further discuss the subject matter above, please feel free to ask Dr. Alex Jimenez DC or contact us at 915-850-0900.
We are here to help you and your family.
Dr. Alex Jimenez DC, MSACP, CCST, IFMCP*, CIFM*, ATN*
Licensed in: Texas & New Mexico*
Dr. Alex Jimenez DC, MSACP, CIFM*, IFMCP*, ATN*, CCST
My Digital Business Card