- 1 organic chicken breast 2 1â„2 to 3 pounds or whole chicken
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons unrefined, organic coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small, sweet onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 tablespoons dried coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1. preheat oven to 475Â° F. Set oven rack on the lowest or middle level.
- 2. Remove the peel (or zest) from the lime using a zester or grater. Chop the remaining lime into four pieces and set aside.
- 3. Combine the zest in a small bowl with coconut oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- 4. Using your hands, carefully spread coconut oil mixture
- 5. Place the chicken breasts in a small roasting pan or cast-iron frying pan. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- 6. Bake at 475Â° F for 15â€“20 minutes until the skin is golden brown.
- 7. Reduce heat to 400Â° F and cook for another 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Allow chicken to cool for 5 minutes before carving.
Coconut Lime Roasted Chicken
Serves: 4 persons
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20.27 g||30.8%|
|Saturated Fat 13.23 g||65%|
|Trans Fat 0.05 g|
|Cholesterol 36.75 mg||12%|
|Sodium 337.13 mg||14%|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g||2.7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.91 g||4%|
|Sugars 3.72 g|
|Protein 10.22 g|
|Vitamin A 2.29 %||Vitamin C 10.44 %|
|Calcium 3.18 %||Iron 5.28 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
El Paso, TX Health Coach Clinic
Professional Scope of Practice *
The information herein on "Coconut Lime Roasted Chicken" is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional, or licensed physician, and is not medical advice. We encourage you to make your own healthcare decisions based on your research and partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.
Blog Information & Scope Discussions
Our information scope is limited to Chiropractic, musculoskeletal, physical medicines, wellness, contributing etiological viscerosomatic disturbances within clinical presentations, associated somatovisceral reflex clinical dynamics, subluxation complexes, sensitive health issues, and/or functional medicine articles, topics, and discussions.
We provide and present clinical collaboration with specialists from a wide array of disciplines. Each specialist is governed by their professional scope of practice and their jurisdiction of licensure. We use functional health & wellness protocols to treat and support care for the injuries or disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
Our videos, posts, topics, subjects, and insights cover clinical matters, issues, and topics that relate to and support, directly or indirectly, our clinical scope of practice.*
Our office has made a reasonable attempt to provide supportive citations and has identified the relevant research study or studies supporting our posts. We provide copies of supporting research studies available to regulatory boards and the public upon request.
We understand that we cover matters that require an additional explanation of how it may assist in a particular care plan or treatment protocol; therefore, to further discuss the subject matter above, please feel free to ask Dr. Alex Jimenez DC or contact us at 915-850-0900.
We are here to help you and your family.
Dr. Alex Jimenez DC, MSACP, CCST, IFMCP*, CIFM*, ATN*
Licensed in: Texas & New Mexico*
Dr. Alex Jimenez DC, MSACP, CIFM*, IFMCP*, ATN*, CCST
My Digital Business Card