- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch thin asparagus spears, sliced into Â¼ inch pieces
- 10 ounces baby Bella mushrooms, sliced or diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup whole grain sorghum
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil (olive oil can be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Heat a 6-quart pressure cooker over medium heat with the lid off (use "sear" setting for electric pressure cookers.) Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and garlic. Once the garlic is golden brown, add asparagus and mushrooms. SautÃ© approximately 5 minutes until mushrooms are soft. Set mixture aside in a small bowl.
- Over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and onions, sautÃ© approximately 3-4 minutes until onions are translucent. Add sorghum, broth, and wine, bring it up to a simmer. Remove from heat and close lid securely.
- After the lid is securely locked, bring up to high pressure over medium-high heat for approximately 20 minutes. You will need to adjust heat to medium or level needed to maintain high pressure for a stovetop pressure cooker.
- After 20 minutes, remove from heat and release the pressure through the steam vent. Once pressure is released, remove the lid. (Refer to your owners manual for additional suggestions)
- Stir in truffle oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest to the sorghum mixture and combine well. Add the asparagus, garlic, and mushrooms and stir until combined and asparagus is warm through.
- Serve immediately.
Asparagus & Mushroom Sorghum Risotto
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15.77 g||23.1%|
|Saturated Fat 2.02 g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.02 g|
|Cholesterol 0.0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 145.01 mg||6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 43.68 g||14.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.11 g||24%|
|Sugars 5.02 g|
|Protein 10.4 g|
|Vitamin A 1.63 %||Vitamin C 8.67 %|
|Calcium 3.27 %||Iron 16.72 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
El Paso, TX Health Coach Clinic
Professional Scope of Practice *
The information herein on "Asparagus & Mushroom Sorghum Risotto" is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional, or licensed physician, and is not medical advice. We encourage you to make your own healthcare decisions based on your research and partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.
Blog Information & Scope Discussions
Our information scope is limited to Chiropractic, musculoskeletal, physical medicines, wellness, contributing etiological viscerosomatic disturbances within clinical presentations, associated somatovisceral reflex clinical dynamics, subluxation complexes, sensitive health issues, and/or functional medicine articles, topics, and discussions.
We provide and present clinical collaboration with specialists from a wide array of disciplines. Each specialist is governed by their professional scope of practice and their jurisdiction of licensure. We use functional health & wellness protocols to treat and support care for the injuries or disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
Our videos, posts, topics, subjects, and insights cover clinical matters, issues, and topics that relate to and support, directly or indirectly, our clinical scope of practice.*
Our office has made a reasonable attempt to provide supportive citations and has identified the relevant research study or studies supporting our posts. We provide copies of supporting research studies available to regulatory boards and the public upon request.
We understand that we cover matters that require an additional explanation of how it may assist in a particular care plan or treatment protocol; therefore, to further discuss the subject matter above, please feel free to ask Dr. Alex Jimenez DC or contact us at 915-850-0900.
We are here to help you and your family.
Dr. Alex Jimenez DC, MSACP, CCST, IFMCP*, CIFM*, ATN*
Licensed in: Texas & New Mexico*
Dr. Alex Jimenez DC, MSACP, CIFM*, IFMCP*, ATN*, CCST
My Digital Business Card